About Teem’s Product, Customers, and Culture:
Our product is the Teem Workplace Experience Platform. It integrates dynamic suites of tools into the physical and digital workplace. Employee-focused meeting tools, conference room displays, visitor management, and more work together to surface data on how space and facilities are used.
Our customers are innovative companies—like Box, LinkedIn, GE, Boston Consulting Group, and Airbnb—that use Teem to increase employee productivity and facilitate data-driven decision making.
Our culture is driven by four core values: Candid, Hustle, How Can I Help?, and It’s All About Teamwork.
About the Role:
If you are smart and eager software architect with a track record of getting big things done and a passion for building great products, you would be a great fit on our team. You should be able to hit the ground running and to take ownership of projects, define standards and solve our clients hardest problems. We have a very fast paced, fun, and engaging opportunity waiting for you at Teem!
You’re a great fit if you...
- Enjoy working with cool technology including AWS, distributed systems, microservices, data streaming, big data, mobile (and more)
- Have an excellent understanding of SaaS enterprise architecture and can provide solid architectural direction to help us build and scale our fast growing product and data
- Are intellectually curious about technology and passionate about learning new things
- Love solving large scale, complex problems in simple and elegant ways
- Are adept at rapidly creating prototypes and proof-of-concepts to validate new technologies
- Can create development standards, frameworks, and archetypes to help developers adopt future technologies
- Enjoy mentoring other team members on their path to becoming as cool as you are while still being open to learning new things from other members of the team
- Are skilled at diving into code to find and fix issues, add new features and improve performance
- Work well and communicate well with others (including those pesky sales guys)
- Do well at understanding business needs and creating solutions to meet those needs
- Are process oriented and are comfortable following an Agile software methodology
- Know how to build high quality software and take ownership of your work
- Are receptive to constructive criticism and willing to be critical of your own work and ideas - changing direction and fixing mistakes you make along the way
And have these qualifications...
- Education: Degree in Computer Science or related or equivalent work experience
- Software Development: 10+ years experience in software development leveraging a variety of languages such as Java, Python, .NET, Go, NodeJS, etc.
- Architecture: 5+ years experience in enterprise SaaS architecture, distributed systems or IoT devices and building platforms
- Database: 5+ years experience with designing database schemas writing and tuning complex SQL queries
- Big Data: 4+ years experience with big data storage solutions such as HBase, CouchBase, MongoDB, or Cassandra and big data movement leveraging solutions such as Kafka, ActiveMQ, or RabbitMQ
- Cloud Microservices: Experience in architecting highly modularized and scalable SaaS systems for the cloud (AWS)
- Tools: Jira, Git, Slack
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah (willing to discuss relocation for the right candidate)
We put our money where our mouth is with Workplace Experience (affectionately dubbed WX). So you can expect to work at a place that actually cares about creating an environment where you get your best work done.
That all starts with covering the absolute basics. Which means competitive salaries, 401k, HSA matching, health insurance (including a 100% covered option), unlimited PTO, company-issued UTA transportation, and downtown parking garage access. All of our benefits kick-in on your hire date.
Now that the basics are covered, perks like a fully-stocked break room, activity-based working spaces, and a dog-friendly policy take WX at Teem to the next level. Oh, and the slide hedges your bet on having the “coolest” office in the eyes of kids everywhere.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!