Director of Engineering
About the Company:
Work Shouldn’t Suck!
Ever had trouble scheduling a meeting? Fought someone for a conference room? Been forced out of a conference room before the end of an important meeting? Come be part of the company solving all these problems.
Teem helps innovative, busy organizations maintain efficient and happy workplaces by reducing conflict over meeting scheduling and conference room space while improving the interaction between workers and their workplace. Our cloud-based platform combines eye-catching conference room displays, detailed space use analytics, and easy-to-use scheduling functionality that makes meeting room management easy for thousands of the most innovative companies around the world, including Airbnb, Mozilla, Uber and Disney.
About the Role:
We are looking for a candidate that can plans and directs all aspects of engineering activities and sprints. This role will report directly to the CTO to ensure all engineering projects, objectives, and processes are in line with the road map. Ideally, you will utilizes best practice engineering methods and provides expert technical guidance for our lovely engineers.
How you will rock this position:
- Meet with the CTO and developers regularly ensure the development team is executing on the company's product vision
- Work directly with development team members to ensure they are accomplishing company as well as personal goals
- Be a strong technical and professional mentor to development team members
- Work closely with the Director or Product and the product management team to ensure that the development teams understand and execute on product priorities
- Guide the team to implement and adhere to good software development processes
- Assist in recruiting and hiring development team members
- Remove obstacles for the development teams that may prevent them from successfully completing projects
- Education: Degree in Computer Science or related or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 4+ years experience in software development
- Leadership: Experience leading multiple product development teams in planning, executing and delivering on enterprise software projects
- Architecture: Strong software architecture background and experience with the ability to mentor team members
- Process: Experience with ensuring that the development teams are following a good software development process such as Scrum or Kanban. Certified Scrum Master is preferred
- Cloud: Experience with cloud hosted enterprise solutions in AWS or similar
Bring your passion for amazing products and being part of building an amazing company and we’ll provide sweet things like a competitive salary, unlimited PTO, attractive health insurance including an 100% covered option, snacks, drinks, and occasionally nerf gun office wars.