Information Security Analyst
Teem is looking to hire an Information Security Analyst to augment our Information Security Team. This position reports directly to Teem’s InfoSec Director and is based in our Salt Lake City office downtown.
In this role, you’ll spend your week on various tasks. You’ll help and interact directly with our customers through completion of Security Surveys and Data Processing Agreements. This isn’t a rubber stamp task; you’ll be asked to redline documents to include or exclude changes based on your information security experience and Teem’s infrastructure.
Part of your week will focus on Third Party Vendor reviews for Teem making sure our vendors protect our customer’s data in accordance with our contracts. You’ll conduct Third Party interviews to identify strengths and weaknesses of our providers. You’ll also review, write, and train Teem staff on internal policy and procedures working toward SOC and CSA STAR Certification.
Finally, and the really fun part of the position, you’ll spend part of your week on infrastructure auditing and testing. This includes vulnerability assessment and management, perimeter protection, and lots more. You’ll work closely with IT to secure our corporate infrastructure.
How You’ll Get It Done:
- Candid. When you see something wrong, you’ll identify it. You’ll act as the advocate for the resolution of the weaknesses. At the same time, you’ll call our great policies and processes.
- Hustle. 9-5? Mostly. However, you’ll be open to working from home, after hours, and jump on conference calls at a moment’s notice. We balance work and life and don’t adhere to a strict 9-5 schedule.
- How Can I Help? As a customer facing position, you’ll be willing to go above and beyond for our customers. This is a customer advocate not a customer adversarial position.
- It’s All About Teamwork. You will be comfortable working on ad-hoc teams to solve problems. One week could be working with our web team while the next is working with IT.
- 1 year work experience in information security
- 2 year College program experience in computer science, information security, or a similar program
- 4 years direct IT work experience
- A desire to improve a company’s information security program while balancing the people aspects of the decisions.
- Ability to speak in front of audiences in a training environment.
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills since you’ll be directly writing policies.
- These bonus skills will give you a head-start in this role:
- Any Information Security Certification
- Any Information Security online Training
We put our money where our mouth is with Workplace Experience (affectionately dubbed WX). So you can expect to work at a place that actually cares about creating an environment where you get your best work done.
That all starts with covering the absolute basics. Which means competitive salaries, 401k, HSA matching, health insurance (including a 100% covered option), unlimited PTO, company-issued UTA transportation, and downtown parking garage access. All of our benefits kick-in on your hire date.
Now that the basics are covered, perks like a fully-stocked break room, activity-based working spaces, and a dog-friendly policy take WX at Teem to the next level. Oh, and the slide hedges your bet on having the “coolest” office in the eyes of kids everywhere.