Event Marketing Manager
Our product is the Teem Workplace Experience Platform. It integrates dynamic suites of tools into the physical and digital workplace. Employee-focused meeting tools, conference room displays, visitor management, and more work together to surface data on how space and facilities are used.
Our customers are innovative companies—like Box, LinkedIn, GE, Boston Consulting Group, and Airbnb—that use Teem to increase employee productivity and facilitate data-driven decision making.
Our culture is driven by four core values: Candid, Hustle, How Can I Help?, and It’s All About Teamwork.
The Event / Field Marketing Manager will lead strategic planning and tactical execution of all Teem events, including trade shows, customer and partner field events, digital events, occasional company events and a future user conference. These events are key to our customer and partner engagement, pipeline development and overall marketing lead generation strategy. This role reports directly to the head of marketing and is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic company and take a meaningful role in building the marketing team. We've recently held customer and prospect events at AirBnB and LinkedIn, and will be hosting many more of these events in the Bay Area and elsewhere, featuring some of our incredible customers. We've held partner events together with Zoom, Apple, GE, HPE, and others. Our customers, prospects and partners love working with us and we love working with them.
- Develop and maintain understanding of market and customer needs to define overall event strategies
- Create and drive strategic event planning including definition, goals, themes, and approach
- Ensure success of onsite team at each event including preparing them for booth conversations, logistics, and lead collection
- Research and determine participation in relevant events, trade shows and conferences that compliment our go-to-market strategy and manage execution to drive highest ROI
- Ensure success of our annual customer conference by managing all elements of the program from promotion, agenda definition, sponsorship packages, speaker solicitation, and all other activities related to its success.
- Create and oversee overall events calendar
- Manage multi-channel event campaigns that include email, promotions, social, and other parts of the marketing mix to drive event success
- Work as a strategic partner with the marketing programs team to nurture leads pre- and post- event, improve engagement, increase conversions, and contribute to the organization’s strategic growth goals
- Ensure sales teams are equipped to successfully follow up with event leads
- Monitor and analyze budgets, invoices and costs with ROI in mind
- Work closely with the creative, web development, social media, PR, and communications teams to promote the programs both internally and externally
- Collaborate with the marketing team to define and execute virtual events that support overall programs plan
- 5+ years of event / field marketing experience, preferably in B2B industry
- Working knowledge of marketing programs and end-to-end demand generation
- Ability to think creatively and drive innovative ideas
- CRM (preferably Salesforce.com) and marketing automation (Market) experience
- Goal-oriented, analytical thinker with a focus on ROI
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. (spell stuff right and talk good)
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Demonstrated ability negotiating with vendors and event coordinators
- High attention to detail and quality with the ability to manage changing deadlines and balance shifting priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects at once
- A positive, entrepreneurial, high-energy, self-starter attitude
- Desire to travel
- Must have strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate and partner with individuals at all levels both inside and outside of the organization.
- Analytical, and results orientated
- Self-starter, with excellent execution track record
- Must thrive on teemwork, being a strong team player
We put our money where our mouth is with Workplace Experience (affectionately dubbed WX). So you can expect to work at a place that actually cares about creating an environment where you get your best work done.
That all starts with covering the absolute basics. Which means competitive salaries, 401k, HSA matching, health insurance (including a 100% covered option), unlimited PTO, company-issued UTA transportation, and downtown parking garage access. All of our benefits kick-in on your hire date.
Now that the basics are covered, perks like a fully-stocked break room, activity-based working spaces, and a dog-friendly policy take WX at Teem to the next level. Oh, and the slide hedges your bet on having the “coolest” office in the eyes of kids everywhere.